December 4, 2006

Family Guy Still Kicks Ass

Being a Family Guy devotee, I find it hard to say theat there are ANY episodes that are bad, but, when I step back and take a look at the entire catalogue, there are indeed a few that are kinda... well, yawn. That being said, every time critics have a SLIGHT chance to take a shot at the show for losing it's edge, an episode comes along to renew your faith in just how awesome it is.

I recently caught the episode titled, "Prick Up Your Ears" on Cartoon Network (yes, I know it originally aired on FOX 2 weeks ago--I was out), and I have to say it was chock full of quality. I'm not about to quote it line for line here, but damn if there aren't millions of quotables (the way Peter delivers the "crotch" line re: the smuckers Brian is eating is priceless if you've seen the entire show). Just Do yourself a favor and catch it when you can! There are a couple of fun clips from this episode on YouTube which I've posted below. Enjoy--and long live Family Guy!

NOTE: Watch the fourth clip all the way through for a great reference to KNIGHT RIDER! Just remember to pause it and give the clip an opportunity to load a bit before playing it (it's 4 mins).